Magnesium Deficiency Prevents Glutathione Production
Glutathione is a crucial “master” anti-oxidant in the body that requires adequate magnesium in the body to synthesize. Glutathione synthetase requires ?-glutamyl cysteine, glycine, ATP, and magnesium ions to form glutathione. Here’s a great article all about it here.
According to Dr. Russell Blaylock, low magnesium is associated with dramatic increases in free radical generation as well as glutathione depletion and this is vital since glutathione is one of the few antioxidant molecules known to neutralize mercury.
The best way to get the most out of LifeWave Glutathione patches is to make sure you’re getting adequate magnesium. Since magnesium levels are low in the standard American diet and you’d have to eat five times as much organic food as our grandparents did just to get enough (because of our soil’s nutrient-depleted state), I recommend using Magnesium Oil every day.
Among others, common conditions associated with magnesium deficiency are:
- people with heart disease and heart rhythm problems
- people with thyroid conditions
- people with chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia
- people with ADHD, depression or PMS
- elite athletes
- people on long-term medication such as blood pressure pills, oral contraceptive pills etc.
- people with muscle spasms or energy production problems
- anyone with significant chronic disease
- people with digestive problems such as Crohns, irritable bowel etc.